July 7, 2014 @ 7:30am or (UTC July 6 @ 1930)
Day 11 LightSpeed Sailing from Marshall Islands to North America
Anchorage position: 12 14.68N 170 07.92E
0nm day/360nm total
Wind 24 NE
90 % Cloud cover with a few rain showers
Air Temp 83F
Seas: Choppy inside lagoon with wind gusts in the upper 20's.
Sea temp 86F
We're anxious to get going, but the wind is still cranking out of the NE at over 20 knots. We're 100% go ready, just waiting for a break in the weather.
Yesterday, Kathy was swimming after breakfast and I hear her scream shark, shark all in a panic. She's freaking and I launch the dinghy and go pick her up. Apparently, a grey reef shark was making unwelcome advances and Kathy was repeatedly having to kick the shark in the face. The shark didn't get the hint and bugger off until I pulled up in the dinghy several minutes later. I was ready to go kiting, but was feeling less enthused after all the recent shark activity. It was a low key day, I skimmed all 544 pages of the US Coast Pilot region 9 (Alaska) played a few games on my tablet (2048, Follow the white line and Temple Run Oz), I also fixed a heater duct, inspected the rigging again and rove the 2nd and 3rd reef lines on the mainsail.
We downloaded more GRIB files and ran various scenarios and think we see a break in the weather in a few days.
That's it for now.
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com
Post a Comment